Patient Forms, Map and Directions to Louisville Office
The American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry recommends that the ideal time for your child's first dental visit is by one year of age. Early visits help to prevent extensive dental problems, save money for parents, and enable children to have the lifelong benefits of a healthy mouth.
We believe a healthy smile starts with a great beginning. Your child's first visit to our office is important and we want to make every visit a rewarding experience. While we recognize some children are nervous about visiting the dentist, we have created a kind, caring office environment that will make your child's appointments enjoyable and stress-free as possible.
We are excited that you have chosen Just Kids for your child’s dental care and we thank you. Your comfort, convenience and quality care are our priority, and we strive to make every visit to our office a positive experience. To help you get acquainted with our office and first visit procedures, we have included helpful information on this page.
We invite you to visit our staff/team page to learn more about our caring Doctor and team.
We look forward to meeting you.
What To Expect
A pleasant, comfortable first visit builds trust and helps put the child at ease during future visits. We want your child to enjoy getting to know our dentist and team, so we work hard to establish this bond during every appointment to our office.
Prior to the first exam, you may explain to your child that Dr. Swain will "count your teeth, check your smile and check for 'sugar bugs' that may be growing in your mouth".
During your initial appointment, we will explain everything in detail and answer any questions you may have. You may review Services - New Patient for more details.
Early Infant Dental Exam
Infant exams are always fun for us because they allow us to have a discussion with the parents about prevention. However, these evaluations are not always "fun" for the child or parents. We try to be gentle, understand, and get through the procedure.
- Why are these visits important?
- It allows us to asses the child's dental facial growth, health, and establish a prevention plan for a lifetime.
- How do we do an infant/young child exam?
- We like to do what Dr. Swain calls a "knee to knee" exam in our consult area. This is less stressful for the child, even though it can still be worrisome for the child. This allows for Dr. Swain the ability to see and be as efficient as possible, therefore, minimizing the time of the evaluation while being thorough.
We will utilize this same "knee to knee" technique in future visits, until your child grows more comfortable with us, allowing us to provide the necessary preventive care to keep your child healthy.
Helping to develop healthy children for a lifetime.
To fulfill this mission, we are committed to:
- Listening to those we are privileged to serve.
- Earn the trust and respect of parents, patients, profession and community.
- Exceed your expectations.
- Ensure a creative and compassionate professional environment.
- Strive for continuous improvement at all levels.
Please print and fill out these forms so we can expedite your first visit:
In order to view or print these forms you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader installed. Click here to download it.