Welcome to Just Kids Pediatric Dentistry
What We Can Do For YOU!!!
Just Kids Provides a comprehensive range of dental care for Children from infancy through adolescence. We also see Special Needs patients of any age.
- Preventive care/infant dental home to grow the healthy child. (NEW PATIENT)
- Minimal invasive restorative care for natural tooth preservation
- A caring, quality care team that takes adequate time to make the child's visit as pleasant as possible while catering to kids - Patient centered behavioral guidance.
- Individualized treatment plans
- Stories on headphones/computer games/DVD's educational and entertainment and website links for patients/parents, WI-FI
You can read more on this page about the services we offer. Click the topic for more details or contact us with any questions.
Initial visit :
Meet you and your child in a consult area and thoroughly discuss your child's medical and dental history
Establish communication to allow for a thorough evaluation and understanding care.
Examine the oral/facial/skeletal/dental development and health of the teeth.
Take any necessary x rays.
Parents will learn how to care for their infant's teeth and guide preventive care for the growing child.
Provide a preventive care evaluation and guidance program.
Do a preventive cleaning and fluoride treatment.
Establish a detailed individualized treatment plan for thorough care for your child.
Explain the necessary fees for your approval prior to initiation of treatment.
Present options to plan the treatment with you and your child as much as possible.
Preventive dental care is stressed during all exams to allow 100% future prevention of dental disease.
We have a passion for prevention!
Routine exams (check ups) are generally recommended every six months, but may be modified based on your child's individual needs.
Brushing and flossing techniques and proper food patterns are reviewed with each patient.
We will ask and provide answers to these questions:
What causes dental disease?
When can yau have sugars and processed carbohydrates and still stay healthy?
What is a good acceptable snack?
Why do you brush and floss?
When do you brush and floss?
How do you brush and floss?
Both natural teeth and teeth with restorations survive best in an oral environment that is clean and where the intake of harmful foods is controlled. Our program is designed to help prevent new cavities, preserve teeth that have been restored and manage periodontal disease. At the initial visit oral hygiene instructions are reviewed and are reinforced at subsequent recall visits. The following are helpful recommendations:
- Brush your teeth twice a day in a circular motion with a soft bristled toothbrush aimed at the gum.
- Floss every night in an up-and-down motion while keeping the floss in a U-shape and against the tooth surface.
- Avoid smoking.
- Avoid sugary food, drinks, and processed carbohydrates.
- Limit snacking
- Eat a balanced diet.
- Use antiseptic and fluoride rinses as directed.
- Have sealants placed on young permanent teeth.
Reduction of anxiety according to the patient's special needs is available through the use of behavior modification, nitrous oxide/oxygen (laughing gas).
If necessary we can accomplish treatment in the hospital under general anesthesia for your child's comfort and safety .
Treatment of traumatic oral injuries and other discomfort problems during and after office hours.
Prompt action in a dental injury often allows us to save a child's permanent teeth.
Restoration of damaged teeth by emphasizing conservative management and minimally invasive care with a tooth colored restoration where possible (and amalgam and crowns where necessary ).
To protect our patients and ourselves, our office follows the recommended methods of sterilization as recommended by the American Dental Association and the Center for Disease Control.
This includes ultrasonic cleaning and autoclave/dry heat sterilization of instruments.
Our staff also wears masks, gloves, glasses and protective clothing when caring for patients.